Received an access notification
If Yahoo detects unusual activity, unsuccessful access attempts, or changes to settings, we'll send a notification to your account and recovery emails. This isn't necessarily a cause for concern. In some situations, someone with a similar Yahoo ID may unknowingly attempt to access an account. If you receive a notification, it's a good idea to check a few things to improve the safety of your account.
- Be sure you're using a secure password
- Make sure the email is really from Yahoo
- Report any suspicious emails posing as Yahoo
- Check your Recent activity page for anything that wasn't done by you
- Check the information in your account to verify that nothing was changed
- If you're signing in from a new location, you may be asked to enter a CAPTCHA word verification
- If you believe your account was accessed without your permission, immediately change your password
To learn how to protect your information online - visit the Yahoo Security Center.